The “Three Amigos” (or The Story Kick Off huddles or the Triad) allow us to examine a work increment before, during and after development from several perspectives:
- Business: What problem are we trying to solve?
- Development: How could we build a solution to solve this problem?
- Testing: What could happen?
This balances the collaborations of people with different perspectives.
- Invite people with these different perspectives (not necessarily three).
- Define what needs to be done.
- Agree on how they know when it is done correctly.
- Formulate the shared understanding as examples of work increments.
- Review the product increments that have been implemented to ensure that it is correct from these different perspectives.
This workshop helps identify misunderstandings and confusion early on.